Motorcycle Insurance in Texas
Owning a motorcycle is like owning any other vehicle. You have to make sure that you protect your investment by purchasing an insurance policy. Motorcycle insurance includes a variety of options for coverage such as property damage, bodily injury, comprehensive, and more. We offer motorcycle insurance here at Roberts Family Insurance in Friendswood, TX and can help you find a policy that meets your needs.
Motorcycle Insurance Requirements
All drivers are legally required to have motorcycle insurance in Texas. The minimum requirements for motorcycle insurance are as follows:
- Bodily injury coverage for each person is $30,000
- Bodily injury coverage for each accident is $60,000
- Property damage coverage $25,000
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage
Here is what motorcycle insurance consists of:
- Collision and comprehensive: Both of these are considered full coverage insurance. Comprehensive and collision cover much more than liability if your bike is damaged following an accident. Collision will cover your repair costs or the costs to replace your motorcycle. Comprehensive will cover replacing or repairing your bike as well. However, your bike must have been damaged by being stolen, vandalized, or from storms, etc. Full coverage insurance will only cover standard or factory parts.
- Total loss: This is similar to gap insurance but for motorcycles. This means that if your motorcycle is totaled following an accident, this policy will cover the retail value of your bike towards its replacement. However, this may only be available for several years of your bike’s life.
- Personal belongings and carried contents: This covers any possessions that you carry with you while you are on your motorcycle. These items include cell phones, bike gear, and others. If they become stolen or damaged, this will cover the cost of replacing them.
- Roadside assistance: This is optional but necessary. If you are stranded, this will cover battery failure, flat tires, fuel delivery, and more.
To receive a quote for motorcycle insurance, give us a call here at Roberts Family Insurance in Friendswood, TX.